Designer Liner, What Is It?
Permanent Eyeliner is a treatment you can receive that replaces the need to wear eyeliner each day. Permanent eyeliner involves using a tattooing technique to apply ink along the lashline to create the appearance of eyeliner. Eyeliner tattoos can be applied in a variety of styles, from extremely thin natural-looking eyelash enhancement, to thicker lines or winged eyeliner.
How long does an eyeliner tattoo or lash enhancement last?
It can last anywhere from 1-5 years following your touch-up.
Can I wear contacts after the procedure?
Please arrive at your appointment WITHOUT contacts. Be sure to bring a pair of glasses with you following the procedure. You will not be able to wear contacts for the first 3 days post procedure.
Can I have lash extensions on before my procedure?
Please be sure to remove any LASH EXTENSIONS prior to procedure. They may not be worn during the procedure. It is recommended that you have any lash extensions removed at least ONE WEEK PRIOR to your appointment to avoid any possible reaction to the removal solution. It is best to AVOID any lash extensions until the procedure is complete, along with the Touch Up. You will have to wait at least 14 days post procedure to have lash extensions reapplied.
Can I use lash growth enhancement products prior to my procedure?
Discontinue the use of ALL EYELASH GROWTH ENHANCEMENT PRODUCTS, such as Latisse for at least 30 DAYS prior to your appointment. Prescription and over-the-counter brand lash enhancement products cause inflammation to the eyelid and lash line which is not recommended when receiving eyeliner tattooing.
What if I have an eye condition, can I still have the procedure?
If you have any medical conditions with your eyes that require monitoring by a physician, such as glaucoma, you must provide our office with written permission from your medical provider before you can receive eyeliner tattooing.
Can I tint or perm my lashes prior to my procedure?
DO NOT tint or perm your lashes within 48 hours of your appointment. You will have to wait at least 14 days post procedure to tint or perm lashes.
What should I avoid prior to my procedure?
Avoid blood thinning medications/products as listed below. AVOID fish oil, Vitamin E Oil, alcohol, flax, ibuprofen (Advil, Aspirin, Aleve) or any medication that thins the blood 24 hours prior to your microblading appointment. Prescription Blood thinners, Anti-Coagulants, & Anti-Plaque medication: please contact your physician to discuss discontinuing your medication for 3-5 days prior to your procedure.
What about skincare products? Is there anything I should avoid prior to my treatment?
You MUST stop using Retinol or Glycolic Acid 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
How soon can I wear makeup following the procedure?
You will not be able to wear ANY mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, lash curlers or false eyelashes for at least 7 days post procedure to prevent any risk of infection to the eyelid.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
After-care is AS IMPORTANT as your actual permanent makeup procedure. Failure to follow the after-care instructions could result in pigment color loss. Your compliance will help to ensure a great healed result and reduce the need for multiple follow-up visits.
Your permanent makeup will appear much darker/bolder for the first 5-7 days. Judgment of your results should be deferred until one month following your procedure. Be patient. Your healed permanent makeup will look much softer and more natural than it does immediately after the procedure. Do not attempt to lighten or conceal with makeup.
Most permanent makeup procedures require more than one visit. At SHADE Ink Lab, all permanent makeup procedures include a complimentary Touch-Up visit, or “Perfecting Visit.” The “Perfecting Visit” is usually a brief appointment with minimal work needed. But, in some cases, a second full application of color may be necessary to achieve the desired result. Follow-up visits are usually scheduled 8-12 weeks after the initial procedure.
AFTER CARE TREATMENT:
Cold Packs & Pain Relievers: After your procedure, cold packs may be applied for 10-15 minutes every half-hour (or as needed). Do not apply ice directly to the treated area. Over-the-counter pain relievers can help to ease soreness and reduce inflammation.
Cleansing the Treated Area: You will need to cleanse the treated area once in the morning and once at night. To cleanse, gently dab or blot the treated area with a clean cotton pad lightly dampened with room-temperature water. Do not use ANY soaps or cleanses in the treated area. Always apply aftercare ointment after cleansing.
After-Care Ointment: After cleansing, apply a light coat of the recommended ointment with a clean Q-tip using a gentle, dabbing motion. The ointment will help to: keep the area protected, prevent scabbing and accelerate healing.
When Sleeping: You may want to put an old pillowcase or towel on your pillow for the first night or two after your procedure, as there could be pigment or fluid seepage that could stain.
THINGS TO AVOID:
- No soaps, cleanser, or shampoos on the treated area for 7 days
- No skincare products or sunscreen on the treated area for 7 days
- No makeup on the treated area for 7 days
- Avoid long, steamy showers and baths for 7 days
- No recreational water activities, such as swimming or surfing for 7 days
- Avoid activities that would expose you to dirt and germs, such as gardening and dog parks for 7 days
- Avoid extreme heat and strenuous exercise for at least 3 days
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 14 days (if you must be in the sun, wear a hat and/or sunglasses to protect the treated area)
- No Rubbing, Scrubbing, Scratching or Picking the Treated Area for 7 Days. Do not pick, scratch, scrub or rub the treated area or attempt to remove any flaky, crusty, or scabby material that forms as a result of the normal healing process. Removing the crusts may result in the removal of the implanted pigment, possible scarring and/or infection.
- Gently cleanse the eyelid area and apply your after-care ointment once in the morning and once in the evening for 7 days. If the treated area feels dry or itchy at any time, apply a light coat of after-care ointment using a clean Q-Tip.
- If your eyes feel dry or itchy, do not rub them. You can rinse them with a saline solution, such as Bausch + Lomb Sensitive Eyes Plus, then apply a lubricating eye ointment, such as LubriFresh PM.
- It is recommended that you refrain from wearing contact lens until 2-3 days after your procedure. Any residual swelling from the procedure should be gone before using contact lenses to prevent corneal irritation.
- DO NOT USE mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, lash curlers or false eyelashes for 7 days.